Do you find inspiration for your own training when the Olympics roll around? I admit to happily putting my hand up and lapping the Games up every four years – and find myself getting all emotional and inspired by the inevitable stories of courage and determination that invariably happen during each Games.
I’ve also been enjoying watching the Tour De France and marvelling at the condition and fitness of the riders as they tackle the French terrain. It’s also started me developing a hankering for going on a cycling tour in France – a girl can dream eh? Seriously though, I think there’s nothing better than combining fitness and holidays and a cycling tour is definitely on my ‘bucket’ list.
Thus, sleep may be on the backburner in the next few weeks – however, it’s all all bad as there are a few Olympic sports I won’t stay up for.
- badminton and table tennis (too quick!)
- shooting and archery (accuracy has never been my strong point!)
- sailing (can’t see the little specks on the water!)
However, I really love watching…
- Track cycling (love the power, the athleticism and did I mention the legs?)
- Swimming (I’m an Aussie, through and through)
- Men’s Gymnastics (watching them on the rings is nothing short of amazing, even if the outfits er..leave little to the imagination
- Athletics (everything from track and field to the marathon)
- Weightlifting (when I compare what an elite woman lifts and my tiddly weights, I am seriously in awe)
What’s on your list of Olympic must sees? What sport might you sleep through?